Float Left has created over 200 apps and helped a variety of video service providers and broadcasters reach millions of televisions worldwide by developing and managing their Smart TV applications.
LG unveiled its new range of Smart TV products at the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show. With its simple Home Dashboard and Magic Motion Remote Control, LG’s Smart TV makes it easy to access a full array of premium online content, LG Apps and much more.
LG’s Smart TV launcher, which runs off their webOS platform, allows users to easily switch back and forth between traditional TV, apps and media that may be stored on an external device. The beauty of this setup is that the user never has to return to the Home screen and they can simultaneously stream your app while engaging with other content.
As engagement within your app is of upmost importance, the user interface and experience of viewers is a key concern with how it is developed. We take into consideration such aspects as:
- The app lifecycle and how viewers use Smart TVs to view apps
- How users can access your app from the Home screen
- What happens to the app when the TV is powered off
- Multiple users and how they interact with your app
- A clean UI that is minimal and simple to use