Float Left Launches Flicast, An Engagement-Driven UX Platform for All Connected Devices
(BOSTON, MA) May 16, 2016 – Float Left, a leading provider of TV app development and engagement solutions, today announced the launch of Flicast, a solution that will give content publishers a competitive advantage in launching direct-to-consumer video streaming services.
Float Left has a proven track record of building custom, multiplatform video applications for some of the most prolific media and entertainment companies in the world, having deployed over 200 applications to date. With Flicast, the Float Left team has combined this experience in to a single, comprehensive offering.
Flicast is Float Left’s end-to-end UX solution that enables immersive and engaging video experiences to be launched across all major connected devices with increased speed to market. By pairing a customizable and unified UX with a cloud-based content discovery platform, Flicast customers will be able to rise above the pack, drive viewer engagement, and increase the value proposition of their video offerings. Flicast is fully compatible with TV Everywhere, SVOD, AVOD, and TVOD services and is designed to seamlessly integrate with a client’s existing backend video infrastructure.
“With the number of streaming video services growing every day, consumers are overwhelmed with choice,” commented Float Left CEO, Tom Schaeffer. “Content publishers have been struggling to figure out how to keep viewers engaged, drive loyalty, and remain competitive. We developed Flicast to not only help brands reach their audience across the connected ecosystem, but also to engage and retain their viewers through innovative personalized experiences.”
• Launch branded experiences, across multiple platforms, with increased speed to market
• Customizable, unified UX across 10+ platforms and 20+ devices
• Compatible with clients’ existing backend infrastructure and video workflow
• Support for TVE, SVOD, AVOD, and TVOD service models
• Ability to increase content discovery through Recommendations, Watchlists, Cross-Device Resume, Ratings, Browse History, and beyond
• Available for Roku, Apple TV, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Mobile, XBOX, Samsung and LG Smart TV, and Opera TV
Float Left will be demonstrating the power of Flicast at the Olympusat Booth at INTX in Boston Monday, May 16 through Wednesday, May 18 (Booth #360).